Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hawaii: Part 1


Day 1:  Brian and I both made it to Hawaii just minutes apart, even though he was on a direct flight from ATL to HNL and I flew stand-by through Salt Lake.  I found out later that I would have made Brian's flight, but it was ok because I got to eat Cafe Rio in the SLC airport. :)








Lorrin and Amy met us at the airport with leis and a baby pineapple (pic above,) and then we set off for the Waikiki mall.  I had a Jamba Juice in celebration of our Hawaiian adventure. :)  Then we drove to Laie, unpacked a little, and promptly fell asleep due to jet lag. The picture on the right is the view from Amy and Lorrin's front door.  Nice, right?!?








Day 2:  Brian and I woke up really, really early because of the time difference, so we decided to walk out to the point and watch the sunrise.








After our morning fun, we took a tour of Laie.  We went and saw BYU-H, where Amy works, the temple, ate shaved ice, and went to the beach for some ocean fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment