Friday, April 19, 2013

34 Weeks and a Baby Shower

Last Saturday, I made it to 34 weeks, and my wonderful friend Michelle threw me a beautiful baby shower!  Tons of pictures were taken.  Unfortunately, I wasn't the one taking them, so I only have a couple to show right now.  Seriously though, it was such a great day. Oliver and I were completely spoiled, and I am just so lucky to have some many amazing people in my life.  Thank you to everyone you made it such a great day/week!

How far along? 24 weeks and 6 days

Total weight gain/loss: I'm at 26 lbs as of my last doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Oliver is approximately 4 1/2 lbs and about the size of a cantaloupe.

 Maternity clothes? Right now I'm lounging around in Brian's b-ball shorts and t-shirt.  Hubbie's clothes totally equal maternity clothes in my book!

Stretch marks? None on my belly yet, but it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger....

Best moment this week: So, So many!...Spending time with some of my favorite people at my baby shower, my mom coming out for the weekend, Brian coming in 2nd place at his design day robot competition (his robot stacked the highest tower in the competition...more on that later,) my class winning the jumprope competition at school,  getting more and more set up for baby Oliver's arrival, getting to meet up with Jessica and Cherish at Applebees, and taking a school day off just to take a day off.

Miss anything: I miss sleeping through the night this week.

Movement: Tons and I love it!  It's so fun to see how baby Oliver reacts to my voice, music, and rubbing my belly.  He is especially active (or at least I'm more aware of it) at night and right when I wake up in the mornings. (All still true.)  He is still head down, bum up.  He definitely likes to curl up more on my right side, while kicking/punching the left.  Sometimes he makes my whole stomach look like a jiggling water bed.  He also has been getting the hiccups recently.

  Food cravings: I'm starving basically all the time recently but no specific cravings.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn no matter what/how much I eat.

Have you started to show yet: Yep!  Baby Oliver is getting lower and lower and is positioned perfectly.

  Gender: Boy!  I'm going to be outnumbered in my own family! And again...still no middle name.

  Belly Button in or out? In, but I noticed the other day that when I laugh really hard, it pops out for a second! Weird!

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and tired.  I'm starting to feel legitimately uncomfortable at times, but I'm mostly just excited for May...aka BEST MONTH EVER!  

Looking forward to: Spring Break this week, seeing Lyndsey and Charlie, getting my sub plans all done for maternity leave, getting more prepared for baby Oliver's arrival, sleeping in!


1 comment:

  1. do you mean 34 weeks?
    wish i could have been there!
    your grey font is slightly too light to read, love.

    ReplyDelete