Tuesday, May 7, 2013

37 Weeks!



In case you didn't know, I'm about to have a baby...like soon!  At 37 weeks and 4 days, I'm feeling lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, getting mostly excited mixed with a little nervous, and preparing for as many possible scenarios as I can think up. The Pack n' Play is set up.  The glider/rocker is ready to be used.  All baby clothes and blankets have been washed and put away. With the help of Whitney's Target discount, final items (including video baby monitor that I probably don't need but really, really wanted) have been purchased. Hospital Bags are packed a ready to go.  We even went shopping for hospital snacks last night.  Energy drinks, pudding, and brownies for Brian (so healthy) and clear Powerade, coconut granola bars, and celebratory Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn for me.


How far along? 37 weeks and 4 days

Total weight gain/loss: I officially hit 30 lbs this week. I think I'm going to avoid the scale from now on. Oliver is approximately 6 1/3 lbs and about 19 inches long. He is getting really strong and sometimes he pushes so hard that I think he is trying to get out via my bellybutton.  My next Dr. apt is on Thursday.

 Maternity clothes? I'm willing to wear anything that still fits right about now.  I can't wait to start maternity leave just so I can wear lounge clothes all the time and not have to worry about dressing up.  How is that for letting myself go?!? ;)

Stretch marks? None on my belly yet. I may make it all the way!

Best moments in the last 2 week: Brian surprising me with early Mother's Day flowers and a sweet card; I smile every time I look at them.  Brian finishing finals and finally getting to spend some quality time together.  Double dating with Kim and James to see Iron Man 3. Brian spoiling me with french toast for breakfast 3 Saturdays in a row. Brian starting his new job at Sinclair (for a whole 2 weeks, we will both be working at the same time!) 

Miss anything: I miss my old body.  You know...the one that could stand up and sit down no problem and could squeeze in between objects without even thinking twice.

Movement: Still feeling a lot of movement.  I know they say that babies slow down a lot as they run out of room, but I think I'm feeling movement more than ever.  It's the rolls and jabs necessarily that I felt before.  It's more like slow, strong pushes outward in all directions.  I'm feeling him a lot lower than ever before, too.

  Food cravings: No cravings specifically.  I'm just doing a lot of snacking because my stomach just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still heartburn/acid reflux, no matter what/how much I eat.

Have you started to show yet: I'm finally starting to look like I'm carrying lower.  Yesterday a co-worker told me I was "all baby."  I'm not exactly sure what she meant, but I'm guessing I look pretty huge.

  Gender: We are getting so excited to meet our baby boy!  Brian and I talk about it every night as we go to bed.  I know that we have no idea what we are getting ourselves into, but we are excited to jump in head first anyway!

  Belly Button in or out? It's in but semi pointing down when I'm standing up, then it goes flat when I lie down.

Wedding rings on or off? On but getting snug.  My ring no longer spins constantly around my finger like it used to.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy because it is May! May = Teacher Appreciation Week, Spring Weather Finally, Mother's Day, My Birthday, Memorial Day, End of School, Beginning of Summer Blockbusters, and of course, OLIVER'S BIRTHDAY!

Looking forward to: Maternity leave starting next Thursday, MEETING MY BABY, having my parents come into town,  childbirth classes this weekend, and celebrating Mother's Day/My Birthday next week.

2 comments:

  1. I think you just jinxed yourself! Oliver will probably not show up until June now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! I'd take the "you're all baby" comment as a compliment. I usually interpret it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete