Monday, April 25, 2011

Our First Easter

This weekend was so much fun and went by way too quickly.  Friday night for date night, Brian and I stayed in, enjoyed chocolate fondue and strawberries, and dyed eggs.  Saturday, we met up with the Jones family (minus Trav and Mayra...sad day) for an Easter picnic in the park and a festive Easter Egg Hunt.  The weather was cold and windy, but Brian and I won the hunt and therefore a $15 gift card to my favorite, Jamba Juice! (Thanks Whit for that awesome surprise.)  I also got to try out XBOX Kinect for the first time.  We had a lot of fun with that...especially the movie and picture clips at the end of each game.  Brian and I were on a roll, although boxing kicked my trash (more arms are still sore.)  One of my favorite things about my family is our love for playing games.  We also played one of my all time favorites, Catch Phrase.  I love it because it's intense, fast pace, and just makes me laugh and laugh.


Sunday, our ward put on an absolutely beautiful Easter musical program.  It was such an appropriate tribute to our Savior and His magnificent Resurrection.  "Oh how sweet the joy this sentence gives, 'I know that my Redeemer lives!'"  There is so much peace and comfort and joy in the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love the Easter message that no matter what happens on "Friday," "Sunday" will come.  That is the hope of our Savior gives to us. 

After church, we spent the rest of our Sunday with our Moote family.  We celebrated Justin's 25th birthday, as well as Easter, with a delicious Ham dinner.  The food was great, and the company was full of laughs. My mother-in-law is so cute.  Because desert was cheesecake and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, she made me my own little goody bag full of treats just because she knows I don't like cream cheese! 


What a great, relaxing, fun weekend....and you know what?  Monday hasn't been all that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment