Monday, April 18, 2011

patience is not one of my virtues

I hate waiting! I feel like I'm going crazy, and if something doesn't happen soon, I might explode.  I was supposed to find out by today what my standing would be for next year at Ecker Hill, and I still have nothing. :(  On the positive side, I know that I for sure have my position part-time, but what I'm waiting to find out is whether or not there is enough Reading and ELL students for me to be full-time.  Why can't the elementary schools get there numbers in sooner for the upcoming 6th grade class?!?!  I really, Really, REALLY want to be full-time at Ecker next year.  I'm bummed because not knowing yet means "responsible me" has to have a back up plan...back up plan as in back to the job hunt...as in application after application after application...followed by interview after interview after interview. BLAH!  There is a Social Studies position open at Treasure Mountain, the Jr. High here in Park City.  Pros: I would finally be teaching history. I know some of the teachers and secretaries already.  I would get done with work an hour and a half earlier everyday.  Cons:  It would be a much longer commute, especially if we end up moving to Salt Lake City.  I would have to wake up a lot earlier to get to work by 7:05.  I wouldn't be teaching my preferred grade levels. And I would have to leave all my colleagues and students at Ecker.  Ugh...why can't things just happen when I want them to happen?  I guess I'm off to start working on those applications and to read up on the divine virtue of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment