Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ashley's adventures in "running with ed"



Saturday,  I participated in a 42 mile team relay race to raise money for Park City School District.  Each team was made up of 5 runners who ran 2 legs each in this 10 leg race.  We had 2 teams participate from Ecker Hill.
I ran legs 4 and 8.  My first leg was 3.4 miles and started at the bottom of the Olympic Park Ski Jump. 
 I ran a vertical of about 1000ft for 1 mile before running down the other side of the mountain and back up again to the Canyons.



 
I actually ran about a 10 minute mile, which was really impressive for me.  I even finished before my projected finish time.


My second leg was a little... ok a lot... rougher...it was 5.15 miles from City Park around to McPolin Elementary.  Thankfully, I convinced Brian (the best husband ever) to run it with me just to keep me going. 

I have to back pedal a little bit, to fully explain the series of events that happened next. 

The race had staggered start times, and our team got the second to last slot.  Combine a late start time with a team of slow runners, and we were quickly one of the last teams to reach each destination.  By the time I started my last leg (8) most teams were already finished and celebrating at the end of leg 10.  Due to our late start and a lot of miscommunication between me, the sweeper, and my team, when Brian and I got to the end of my run, NOBODY was there!!!

So we took the scenic route on the City Bus to the finish line to find my team.

Thank goodness for the City Bus.  :)

All in all it was a really long day and quite the adventure.  I came out with a killer sun burn, a swollen ankle, and sore muscles....but hey, at least I got a medal....


No comments:

Post a Comment