Saturday, January 21, 2012

sick...i mean quick update

So, I haven't felt much like blogging or really doing anything this week.  I'm going on week three of this perma-cold/sinus infection that I'm starting to fear will never ever go away.  Pretty much every morning this week, I woke up pondering how nice it would be to have a job where calling in sick didn't require sub plans.   Seriously, teaching has got to be the worst profession to get sick in.  It is simply easier to drag my sick body to work than to deal with the hassle of missing a day of school.  Maybe it's a good thing...if it were easier, I'd probably abuse the privilege.  At least Brian hasn't contracted my disease yet...

Anyway, despite being sick, half marathon training has begun. I am up to 4 miles, although I'm running slower than molasses.  I seriously hope I can pick up the pace some once my lungs and respiratory system are back to 100%.   A  healthier diet has also begun, consisting of high protein power foods like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, meats, veggies, cuties, and protein shakes.  We also tried to introduce quinoa (see picture below) into our diet.  I thought it tasted pretty good, but Brian hated it and thought it tasted like what he imagined latex gloves to taste like.  Either way, I've lost 2 lbs, so it's a start.

Grilled Chicken with zucchini, roasted red peppers, and pine nuts with a side of quinoa      



So that's really just about all that I have to update.  I did get a chance to use my Christmas present (a UV shellac nails and glitter toes kit) from Brian over the three day weekend.  I went over to Whitney's on Monday and did her nails too.  I didn't take any picture of hers but here is a pic of my nails one week after I did them.  Still no chipping!



So that's the update.  Brian and I are going to see Footloose today at the Dollar Movie. And tomorrow is Ward Conference!  I'm excited to see what that means, if anything, for primary.  THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment