Monday, September 24, 2012

Park City in September

Sometimes I forget that people come to Park City for vacation; that they actually choose to spend their precious free time up here in the mountains. (In fact, my brother and two of my best friends have honeymooned or will be honeymooning up here since I came to Park City 3+ years ago!)

I have come to the realization that I totally take Park City for granted.  I don't enjoy all the benefits that come with living in Park City, not even close. Every morning this month, as I leave for work, I see dozens of these things in the sky.  I mean seriously, how places are there in the world where every morning you get slapped in the face with hot air balloons everywhere you turn?!?!














Someday I will take a ride in a hot air balloon...sigh...

Until then, I am determined to start utilizing the amazing scenery and events surrounding me.  Especially the ones that aren't quite so costly.  I'm going to go hike through the fabulous, fiery red and orange leaves; I'm going to go to that one pizza place on Main st. that everybody not from Park City raves about; I'm going to spend time pretending I am a tourist in my own city; I am going to take advantage of the local deals more often.  I may even brave the crowds this winter for Sundance!   Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment