Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quick Trip to Seattle

Last week, Oliver and I were able to head up to Seattle with my mom a long weekend visit to see my grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncle and cousins. It was a little last minute, but I was so excited to see my family and introduce them to Oliver. I haven't been to Seattle since before my mission when I still had flight benefits, so it has been at least 6 years since I had seen my Grandma and Grandpa Hurst. In fact, they have never even met Brian! Even though we were only there for 4 days, we were able to pack a lot in. Oliver loved meeting and playing with everyone and was a GREAT traveler. Really, I couldn't have asked to a happier, more flexible, content baby to travel with last week. He was on his best behavior for Great Grandma and Grandpa Hurst and was thrilled with all the attention he got...especially from Nana Jones. :) I took a ton of pictures of the memories we made. 

 Our first stop after landing was to Nielson's Pastries: home of "the potato." This is seriously my favorite bakery treat of all time. It is basically a giant pastry puff covered in marzipan and cocoa and filled with the most heavenly cream center. I love them so much that I had to share a small bit of cream with Oliver so that he could experience the awesomeness as well. I may or may not have had 3 1/2 potatoes over the course of the whole trip. 

 Then we headed over to Pike Place Market downtown. It was so foggy that you could barely see the ocean, but we had fun checking out the vendors, walking past the original Starbucks, the gum wall, and Dr. Sheldon Cooper, and selecting some beautiful flowers to bring to my grandparents. 

 Oliver loved hanging out with Great Grandma and Grandpa Hurst. I'm their first grandchild, and Oliver is their first great grandchild. It was such a treat to see four generations all together.

We were lucky enough to also get to see more family. My Aunt Melanie and cousin Brittany were gracious enough to let us stay with them. We also got to go visit my Aunt Dayleen and family on Friday. Garrett, Melina, and Breena basically changed Oliver's life forever by introducing him to the balloons Melina had received her surgery. He was so fascinated by them!

In the spirit of Halloween, we took Oliver to his first pumpkin patch. He almost slept through the whole things but luckily woke up in time to enjoy some of the farm. 

The next day, Brittany and I carved our pumpkins. I'm pretty proud of my Winnie the Pooh. It's the fanciest jack-o-lantern I've ever made. As you can see below, Oliver was pretty into it too. :)


Of course, you can't stick your baby in a pumpkin without getting a messy. So Oliver got to play in the sink too!

Even though it was a quick trip, we had so much fun. I love my family! Hopefully, we won't have to wait 6 plus years for the next visit. And we'll have to bring Brian along with us next time too! :)

How cute is my little flyer?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment