Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Did I really just do what I think I just did?

Yes.
Yes I did.
That's right I just signed Brian and myself up for our second Salt Lake City Half Marathon.


Fool me once right?  Well I guess they got me again.  Maybe it was Lyndsey training for the Atlanta half. Maybe it was the fact that my best friend Amy can no longer run one because she is pregnant (yay!), and I want her to be able to live vicariously through me.  Maybe it's because on Sunday at church we learned that accomplishing goals together is one of the most important tools in strengthening your marriage.  Maybe it's simply because I really, really need something to motivate me to lose the 10+ lbs I've gained since married bliss.  Maybe, it really is "the hard that makes it great." (A League of Their Own)

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end, because I've already paid, and there are No Refunds.  There's no turning back now.  I really can't believe, I paid money...again...to run...?!?!


Anyway,  come April expect to see some new pictures like the ones below...


Anyone want to run with me? Whitney? Renae? Lyndsey want to fly out? Click here if you do!

3 comments:

  1. I want to! :) I just love your blog Ash and you too. We've got to meet up sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Ashalily! Thanks for remembering me. I think I'm going to start running more at night so I can enjoy the cool breezes and beautiful stars. YOU CAN DO IT ASHLEY! Keep us posted with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe... We will have to see

    ReplyDelete