Thursday, September 1, 2011

summer at a glance...

I guess now that it is officially September, it's time to say goodbye to summer.

I have bitter sweet feelings about summer drawing to a close. We spent this summer just like I have spent every summer since junior year of high school (excluding the summer I was on my mission) - teaching Swim Lessons.  I love swim lessons because... I get to go home to Georgia and be with my family; I get to be in the pool all day; It's really good money; I don't have to worry about clothes or make-up for 2-3 whole months; I absolutely love teaching and seeing kids improve; My hair bleaches out and my skin gets tan; And this year, I got to do it all with Brian. :)  It was so great being able to spend all day, everyday together.

But all good things must come to an end, and there are some things I'm ready to leave behind at least until June like...sunburns and swimmer's ear and sharing a bathroom with so many people and going to bed hot and sweaty.  Plus change is good they say.  Brian and I are looking forward to having a little place for just the two of us to call home again, and we are above and beyond excited to have a full kitchen and a dishwasher. :)  We moved back to Park City now when the weather in my opinion is at its finest.  And although the start of school will have be discussed in greater detail in my next post, there is something to be said about new beginnings, fresh starts, and having a concrete schedule.

Summer and a cracked computer screen made me quite the lazy blogger the last couple months, but here are a few pics of what we have been up to...

So summer...I'll see you again in June.  I'm ready for the leaves to change colors and for hot chocolate and apple cider, but don't worry, no one will be ready for you more than me when I finally see you again.


Here is a look at our summer according to my camera...




  

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment