Friday, September 30, 2011

fridays, fall, and fondue...

Friday: The farther we get into the school year, the most I love and cherish my Fridays.  I just love them!  Seriously, sometimes I get giddy thinking that I'm almost there...It's almost Friday, and I can just leave work at work and spend my glorious weekend at home with Brian doing whatever I want.  This weekend is especially exciting because it's General Conference and we get to see parts of both our families (hopefully,) listen to a living prophet speak (live on Sunday,) and get the spiritual boost I need to last me another 6 months until April. 

Fall: I'm also loving right now the fall colors in Park City.  That's one thing about Georgia that didn't ever measure up.  There's just too many pine trees that stay green all year long.  We are really lucky to have a trail system right behind our house, and now that I'm training to run a half marathon again, I've been taking advantage of running it.  Nature is awesome.  The colors and scenery are gorgeous and even saw a snake on the path!  I need to take my camera with me on my next run, but in the mean time...here is a picture of my view just from school so you can get an idea.
Yes, I get to enjoy this view everyday at lunch.  No wonder the P.E department does a hiking unit this time of year!
Fondue: And last but not least, yesterday was a first for the Moote's.  One of our wedding gifts that we've been over the moon for is our fondue maker.  Over the past several months, we have enjoyed many chocolate fondue nights...such a delicious and romantic desert. :)  But last night for the first time, we branched out and tried our first cheese fondue recipe.  It was awesome!  I don't know how often we'll do it as after participating in the grocery shopping, Brian is now a little disillusioned at the cost of cheese, but hey...it's still a heck of a lot cheaper than The Melting Pot.  I give the whole meal an A+.  I mean how can you go wrong with melted cheese?  Here are some pics of the experience. Yum....


Happy Conference Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment