Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Very Own Secret Food Fairy

This week I have been struck by the most amazing secret act of kindness.  On Tuesday morning, as I entered my classroom after taking Monday off (Brian and I spent the weekend in St. George to start off his Spring Break...pictures to come), I noticed next to my desk to paper grocery bags filled with delicious smelling produce!  (In fact, I even promptly gave myself an internal lecture about how I need to step up my grocery shopping and make it look this healthy.) At first, I thought that my sub must have gone grocery shopping on our lunch break and forgotten to take her groceries with her at the end of the day, but after tracking her down, I found out that they weren't hers and that the bags of produce were already in my room when she got there in the morning. Strange, right!?!


So, I sent an email to all the faculty asking if anyone had randomly misplaced their groceries in my room and/or thanking my mysterious benefactor if in fact the produce was for me.  Nobody ever responded, although several teachers asked me for updates throughout the day, so I guess my generous food fairy wants to remain anonymous.  Somebody at work must think Brian and I are pretty poor. :) Whoever he/she is, I hope they know that they are kind of my favorite person at the moment.  Hooray for random acts of kindness!











Contents of my secret surprise:  apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, a pineapple, lettuce, asparagus, carrots, cucumbers, scallions, and lots of colorful peppers!

Thank You Secret Food Fairy!


P.S.  On my much unhealthier note, Brian and I did treat ourselves to some peach pie a la mode tonight in honor of Pi Day (3/14).

No comments:

Post a Comment