Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weeks 15 & 16: Boy or Girl!?!?!



How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Still just 1lb total weight gain at this point.

 Maternity clothes? I just bought my first pair of maternity jeans from Old Navy, but I can still get by using the rubber band trick with most of my jeans.  I will say that the maternity jeans are much more comfortable around the middle. :)

Stretch marks? Nope, I don't think I'm big enough to worry about that yet.

Best moment this week: These past 2 weeks I have been sick with a killer cold, but I am loving putting up Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas music, and sipping apple cider.  Getting to spend a whole Saturday sick on the futon watching "Breaking Bad" with Brian was pretty fun.  I also got released from my calling at church as the Primary Chorister and am now in Nursery until the baby is born!  Wish me luck!

Miss anything: I miss snow sports.  Now that there is snow on the ground and everybody is talking about skiing/boarding the mountain everyday at lunch, I'm a little sad I can't look forward to a little snowboarding to get me through the winter.  I'm probably the only person in all of Park City that wouldn't mind if we had another mild winter!

Movement: Not yet.  I read it takes longer to notice movement with your first pregnancy, so it may still be about a month before I notice anything.

  Food cravings: None this week.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing pregnancy related.  Just a cold that doesn't seem to want to go away...

Have you started to show yet: Yes, although not as much as some of the other women who post pictures at 16 weeks.  I am showing enough that I decided to tell my students by playing a game of hangman that said, "Ms. Moote is Pregnant."  They had some pretty funny reactions.

  Gender: We are going to find out on Thursday!  I still don't have a gut feeling either way, but I'm excited to find out and then start thinking about baby names!  I am letting my students vote in each of my classes, and so far the BOY vote is winning... BOY or GIRL ?!?!?!?!

  Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On. With the cold weather, my ring always seems looser than usual. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  Christmas is always one of my most favorite times of the year.  It's also Brian's finals week, so I am happy that he has made it through another semester.  Only 3 more to go!

Looking forward to: My family's Jones Family Reunion/Early Christmas is this week!  I'm excited to only have a 3 day work week and then a long weekend with my family!  I'm looking forward to lots of games and Cafe Pig, Ham, Chips and Onion Dip, Fudge, and other Christmas goodies.  And I am 100% excited to find out if Baby Moote is a boy or girl on Thursday!  What do you think??!?!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! How are you getting it done so early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents are paying for me to go to one of those fetal fotos at the mall, since my whole family is in town this week. For $60, you can get 5 2D gender determination photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is BOY! :) so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete