Saturday, January 5, 2013

20 Weeks: We're Half Way There!


So I haven't been the best at the pregnancy updates recently.  At 18 weeks, we were busy with Christmas celebrations. At 19 weeks, we celebrated the New Year.  Now that I am back to the real world, I figured it was time to get back to the updates as well.  So here goes nothing...

How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 7lbs: the weights picked up now that I'm starting to show more

 Maternity clothes? Over the break, week 18, my amazing mother-in-law took Brian and me shopping for maternity clothes at Target, Kohls, and Motherhood Maternity.  Now I'm totally set up with the basics and have loved wearing a new outfit everyday.  My new clothes are SO comfy!

Stretch marks? Nope, but maybe it's time to start buying some shea butter.


Best moment this week: Celebrating the New Year with Brian and friends.  It's so crazy to think how much our lives our going to change this year.  I'm so excited but also tad bit nervous.  I think I can...I think I can... :) We also had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday.  Baby Moote is right on target with all his stats, and due date is still solid for May 25th.

Miss anything: Sleep!  It's been really hard going back to work this week.  I just want to sleep in all the time.

Movement: Yes!  I started to think I was feeling movements at the end of week 18.  By week 19, I was sure.  They are still really inconsistent, but I get excited every time I feel him!

  Food cravings: Holy Cow, have I been craving chocolate!  During my first trimester, my sweet tooth went away almost completely.  Brian was actually shocked at how easily I was able to turn down cookies, brownies, and ice cream.  Maybe it's because of all the holiday goodies, but I can't get enough of it.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at the moment...

Have you started to show yet: Yes. Just about the only fun part of going back to work so soon was getting to see everyone's reaction now that I'm definitely showing.  Everybody was excited to see my belly, although I had one student who really wanted to touch it...weird.  I wasn't prepared for that.

  Gender: Boy.  Brian and I are having the hardest time with names.  Our list just keeps getting longer and longer.  New favorites include: Oliver, Nathan, Hudson, Camden, Noah, Jackson, Parker, Emerson, Ethan, and Haden.  It doesn't help that we are both so indecisive about everything.

  Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On. With the cold weather, my ring always seems looser than usual. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.  Life has been pretty great lately. 

Looking forward to: My next school break, MLK day.  I really do enjoy my job, I swear!


No comments:

Post a Comment