Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Years Resolutions 2013

This blog post has been a long time coming, and I finally buckled down to write it out. I mean, they wouldn't really be 'New Years' resolutions if I let January end without them, would they?!?  2012 was a pretty great year for Brian and me.  We ran another half marathon; I finally got fulltime teaching status; we saved and took a 2 week trip to Hawaii; I found out I have hypothyroidism (the only big downer;) we got to stay in our apartment all year without moving (minus 2 month break in GA;) and......WE GOT PREGNANT!!!!!! :)

2013 better watch out!  There are going to be a lot of firsts, and we can't wait for all our new and exciting adventures to begin.  We definitely are beyond thrilled to meet our son come May!  So to get the year kicked off on the right foot, here are my resolutions...

Spiritual - 
1. Increase my spirituality at church and at home: keep up with Sunday School/RS lessons even though I'm in nursery.  Make Family Home Evening a priority.
2. Enjoy the blessings of the temple often.

For our January temple trip, we went to the Draper temple for the first time.

Physicial - 
1. Eat healthier and exercise more for me and the baby.  Keep walking and try some prenatal yoga videos I found on youtube.
2. Survive giving birth to a healthy baby! :)
3. Lose baby weight plus 10lbs after the baby comes.

Work - 
1. Finish my Action Research Project 
2. Apply and receive my level II teaching license
3. Find creative ways to increase our income

Financial - 
1. Continue to utilize monthly budget and live within our means
2. Apply for more scholarships and grants to pay for Brian's tuition (our largest expense)
3. Be more generous 
4. Do our part and then trust in the Lord.

Family/Other - 
1. Be flexible with all the changes coming up (baby, moving for a summer internship, moving most likely to SLC, not working?, the unknown, etc.)
2. Make sure Brian and I still focus on our relationship as a couple even after the baby comes.
3. Be a good mom by following the spirit and being as informed as I can be.
4. Don't compare our life and life situation to others/don't covet

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! I love seeing your goals for the year. it's inspiring. I should MAKE some goals... :) We have some good things in motion though, don't you worry, we're not a total train wreck over here! You look great! It's fun to see your updates throughout all of this. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete