Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I pinned it. I did it.

So I'm pretty much a rockstar.  I pinned it here on pinterest, and then I actually did it!  So here is the back story.  Today was the first day of my Thanksgiving break.  Great right?  Except that Brian still had to go to school today. :(  So in order to fill my time... I did the laundry, cleaned our apartment, did a little Christmas shopping, and made this!  It's been a productive day.


Lessons learned...
1. Projects like this take a ridiculous amount of time (as in at least double what I had planned.)
2. When working with a hot glue gun, applying band-aids to your finger will protect them from getting burned.
3. I have inherited the Jones family back and knee problems.  I can't begin to tell you how bad my joints hurt after leaning over and bending my knees for hours on end.
4. There is a great sense of accomplishment in finishing what you start.
5. DIY projects are not always cheaper than their store bought counterparts, but they are definitely priceless.


Now all we need is a tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment