Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Gratitiude List: Part 1

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, this month I have decided to 1. choose to become a more grateful person 2.  actively recognize the little blessings I take for granted and tend to overlook and 3.  share some of my gratitude with the few people that read this blog.  So here it goes....


November 1 - Today I am grateful that we put Brian's snow tires on Saturday.  Now I don't have to worry so much about him driving down and up the canyon today in the snow.

November 2 - Today I am grateful that my brother Travis was born on this day 25 years ago.  What would life have been like without my only brother? I don't know...but I'm guessing just a little more boring, and we probably never would have gotten a boat. :) For the boat alone but also so many more good times and memories, Happy Birthday Travis...I love you!
 
November 3 - Today I am grateful for Netflix.  It has been such a life saver now that we don't even have basic cable television.  How cool is it that in 2011, we have the technology stream movies and TV shows live from the internet straight to our HD TV's?!?!?!  Who would have thunk back in the days of Oregon Trail, Word/Number Muncher, and VHS?

November 4 - Today I am grateful to look younger than I actually am.  One of my co-workers past me in the hall today, did a double take, and said that she had thought that I was one of the students. :)  I've gotten this a couple times from other teachers.  Now it could just mean that I need to stop shopping in the juniors section and stop wearing my hair up, but today I'm choosing to believe that it means that I still look 21 (because honestly there is no way I could really still pass for a 7th grader...)

November 5 - Today I am grateful for Relief Society.  Even though the sisters in my ward are all older than me and in different stages in their lives, they always go out of their way to make me feel welcome.  Go here to see some of the fun crafty things we did together this weekend.  P.S.  I am also grateful for daylight savings time...but only in the fall...

November 6 - Today I am grateful that my Bishop asked Brian and I to give talks on gratitude Thanksgiving Sunday....I knew their was a purpose for this blog!  I am also grateful for Sunday afternoon naps.

November 7 - Today I am grateful for a husband who wakes up extra early to shovel snow and start my car, so when I leave for work I don't have to scrape off ice,  and it's already warm and toasty.  And that this isn't just a one time thing because he does this every morning now.  I love you Brian!

November 8 - Today I am grateful for Cafe Rio salad dressing.  Seriously, where have you been all my life?  I can't believe I spent the first 20 years of my life without you.  More specifically today, I am grateful for this lady here for teaching me how to make you on my own.  I can't wait for dinner tonight!

November 9 - Today I am grateful for dishwashers.  After living without one for our first few months of marriage, I'll never take one for granted again.  I'm also grateful for nights like tonight when I come home from a long day of Parent-Teacher conferences and Brian has done all the dished for me.


November 10 - Today I am grateful to be a teacher.  On days like this where I have to spend from 8:00-3:00 away from my classroom in professional development unpacking my curriculum,  evaluating assessments, and writing enduring understandings and essential questions, only to return to my school for Parent-Teacher Conferences until 8:00 P.M, I have to remind myself that I actually enjoy teaching.  I love the 90 minutes a day that I get to spend with my students.  It makes all the rest of the "stuff" seem a little bit more worth it.

November 11 - Today I am grateful for the blessings of the temple.  One of my great friends Jessica is being sealed today to her husband Wes for time and all eternity.  I am so grateful that families are eternal and can be together forever.

November 12 - Today I am grateful for a clean apartment, stocked refrigerator, soup and grilled cheese on a snowy day, and for the warm oatmeal butterscotch cookies that Brian just made for us!  It's adding up to be a pretty great Saturday.


November 13 - Today I am grateful that in a little over a month church will start at 11 instead of at 9.  I'd go to church no matter what time it started, but I'm not going to lie I'm excited for an extra day to sleep in.  Maybe I'll start actually doing my hair for church again...


November 14 - Today I am grateful for my health.  I went to the doctor today for my annual physical and everything looks good.  That combined with all the Grey's Anatomy I've been watching recently has really made me realize how awesome my healthy body is and how frequently I take for granted the miracle of good health. 

1 comment:

  1. cute idea ash. Good job keeping up your blog. 2 more months for me to keep my news years commitment and blog away. :) I'm grateful for you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete