Friday, November 18, 2011

My Gratitiude List: Part 2

My list here was getting pretty dang long, so I decided to cut it in half and start a second post to last me through Thanksgiving.  Here it goes...

November 15 - Today I am grateful for a husband that lets me read books out loud to him.  I love reading, and it is like double the fun for me to know that we are getting into a good book together.  We just finished reading The Maze Runner.  It's a Young Adult novel geared more to guys, and it's a little predictable at parts but a good read overall and we recommend it.  I think they're going to be making the series into movies soon too.

November 16 - Today I am grateful for my principal.  My principal Traci is just a great person.  She is a good leader.  Cares about the school, it's students, and it's teachers.  And yesterday on our early release day, she told all the teachers she wanted us to leave an hour early because of all the hard work last week with parent teacher conferences.  I was home by 3:30 and had so much time just to relax and get things done.  Thanks Traci!

November 17 - Today I am grateful for family and giving..  I have been working really hard this last week on birthday and Christmas presents that have meaning and come from the heart for the people in my life I love most, and I just finished a big project that I'm really excited about. I really truly do love the spirit of giving.  I get way more excited buying and making presents for my family than wondering what they are going to give me.  I know that I get my excitement and love for giving from my parents, especially my dad.  I've never met anyone more willing to give and who is so happy doing it.  Thanks dad for the example!

November 18 - Today I am grateful for my mission.  Brian and I got invited to go to an International Dinner tonight by one of his friends from the U.  It's kind of like a pot luck where everybody brings a dish from where they are from or where they served their mission.  Thanks to my wonderful experiences in Italy and for their fabulous cuisine, I have plenty of options and won't feel like a poser making any of them.  I am Italian.  I truly feel as if Italy has become part of my heritage.  It's part of who I am.  Missions really do just keep on giving...

November 19 - Today I am grateful for the temple.  Brian and I have a goal to go at least once a month.  It has seriously been such a great blessing.  It's amazing how just a few hours of peace and perspective can make me so terribly happy.

November 20 - Today I am grateful a husband who works so hard to be a good primary teacher to such difficult 9 year olds.  I am also grateful our nice, little, cozy, and most importantly warm apartment.  Thank goodness for a place to curl up and snuggle on a wintery, snowy day.

November 21 - Today I am grateful for my visiting teachers.  They exemplify what the visiting teaching program is all about.  In fact, they totally put me to shame, but now I am resolved to be the best visiting teacher I can be too.  I am also grateful for the delicious tacos the Mr. and I made for FHE dinner.  Yum.

November 22 - Today I am grateful for online shopping.  I've never been the best shopper because big stores with lots of choices overwhelm me.  I also get really grumpy when I have been standing up and walking all day.  Plus, I have a serious aversion to spending money...at least on myself.  Online shopping has helped overcome at least a few of my shopping woes.  It's fast. It's convenient. It means I don't have to drive down to SLC, and it's allowed me to get most of my Christmas shopping already done.

November 23 - Today I am grateful for a job that gives me so much paid vacation.  The pay may be terrible, the moral may be low, but the one of the best things we have going for us as teachers are the breaks! I love getting Fall break, Thanksgiving break, 2 weeks at Christmas, Ski break, Spring break, and my summers off.  I love my job, but I am grateful today that I have the next couple of days to just relax and enjoy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment