Tuesday, February 21, 2012

President's Day Weekend

I have a feeling this is going to be a long post...I apologize in advance.  It has been such a busy, fun weekend, and there is so much to blog about.  Plus, I have all the time in the world to write about it, as I have this entire week off from school! :)

Anyway, this past week I discovered a new TV show: Downton Abbey.  I am in love!  Have you ever felt that you were born in the wrong time period?  I have my own Midnight in Paris moments just about every time I study a different era in history.  I am a bona fide history nerd through and through.  I quickly zipped through Season 1 (The story of an aristocratic British family and their servants spanning from the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 to the beginning of WWI in 1914) on Netflix and then dragged Brian with me this weekend in watching Season 2 here (The continuation follows the characters through wartime to peace from 1916 to the beginning of 1920.)

Disclaimer:  1) In Season 1, Episode 1, there is a homosexual kiss between one the more unscrupulous male servants and a visitor.  I just fast forwarded the scene.  There hasn't been another scene like it since.  2) For those of you with addictive personalities like mine, be prepared for the disappointment of waiting a complete year before Season 3 comes out.  That is unless you want to move to the UK with me, in which case we can watch it this fall!

Saturday, my biggest accomplishment was probably running 3 miles uphill, outside, in 17 degree weather.  State St. bring it on! But the most enjoyable part of the day was driving down to SLC with Brian to see The Vow with my sister Whitney.  Fun Fact - The daughter of one of my colleagues at school was the producer! I definitely enjoyed the movie and am glad that I got to see it with two of my favorite people.  Brian didn't even hate it, although some of the characters really annoyed him.


Sunday, after church, Brian and I had my family (Travis, Mayra, Whitney, and Alex) over for dinner and games.  It's been awhile (Halloween) since we have got together, so it was a ton of fun to be all together again.  We had my "famous" lasagne bolognese, homemade garlic breadsticks a la Brian, and a salad for dinner.  Dessert was all Brian too.  Don't they look delicious?

Brownies with Nutella Cream Filling
After dinner and dessert, we played some new and fun games.  It's my favorite part of being with my family!  I seriously don't think I ever laugh harder than we are all playing games together.  :)  Of course, I didn't take any pictures of us together the whole night, but here is a look at the games we played.

Cranium, Pass the Pigs, and Last Word

Monday, Brian and I used our Canyon's passes we got for Christmas to go skiing/snowboarding.  It was my first time ever at the Canyon's, and only our second time skiing this season.  It was a perfect sunny day, and we had a lot of fun exploring the resort together. :)

getting all our gear...
taking the gondola up to the resort...



"the bubble lift" complete with heated seats...





Thanks for sticking with me all the way to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment