Sunday, March 13, 2011

Forza Italia

I've been sick all weekend. :( Thankfully I have an amazing husband lets me pass out on the futon while he cooks me dinner, does all the laundry, gives me back massages,and washes the dishes (this is HUGE as we do not have a dish washer.) He is too good and is spoiling me rotten. Anyway, as I was vegging out with my kleenex and hot cocoa, I realized that today is the 2 year anniversary of my return from the mission.

I can't believe it has been 2 whole years since I was last in my beloved Italy. Some days it seems like it was a lifetime ago, and yet at I feel like I was just there, scriptures in hand, ready to convert the Italian world. Serving a full-time mission really has impacted my life in more ways than I ever imagined. Not only did it teach me about my capacity to love and serve selflessly all of God's children, but it also strengthened my testimony that God really does know us and has a plan for us, and there is no such thing a coincidence.


So in memory of some of the best 19 months of my life, here are some pictures of my 3 Italian homes....Milano, Genova, and Bergamo.

Milano

Genova

Bergamo




Dear Italy,

I'm saving my money and I promise I'll be back as soon as soon as the Rome Temple is ready for dedication.

Love,
Ashley


1 comment:

  1. Wow, time sure does fly! So glad you were my last companion, Sorella!

    ReplyDelete