Monday, March 7, 2011

A Memoir

A few months before my Great Grandma Anderson passed away, she gave me an old, but unused journal. The timing was more than perfect because I had just finished the miraculous accomplishment of completing my first ever journal from cover to cover! (Probably one of the most impressive things I've ever done, no joke.)

I was converted to journal writing by my college roommate Allison. While we differed in our opinions of such things as Harry Potter (no thank you) and appropriate bedtimes (the later the better), she was my journal writing hero, and I aspired to chronicle my adventures with the same constancy as she did hers. And so with the help of a role model, "the best years of my life? (aka college)" were captured almost daily between the pages of one and a half-ish journals. The next year and a half made it into the "mission journal."

About a month ago, another college roommate and best of best friend, Kim, questioned in passing whether or not I still wrote at least every Sunday in my journal. In shame, I admit here to the world that the last entry in my journal is from February 15, 2010! Not that anything really that important has happened since then, right?...just the normal, everyday stuff like...you know...getting my first real job, getting engaged in the most fabulous way, getting married for eternity to the love of my life...no biggie!

So here it is. I have not forgotten my Great Grandma's gift, and I am recommitting myself to write my most deepest, darkest, most cherished thoughts of the heart (the ones nobody is aloud to read until after I am dead and in the ground) right here.


This blog will be for all the rest of the crazy, fun, random, goofy, inspiring moments that make everyday count. The definition of a memoir is an historical account written from personal knowledge. Good thing I was a history major...

2 comments:

  1. Ashley this post is fabulous. :) By the way, your photographs are GORGEOUS. Your wedding dress is gorgeous. Wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison! I'm glad you liked it. ;) I wish you could have been there too, but at least you can see it all through pictures. P.S. You have the cutest baby boy ever!

    ReplyDelete